What's Playing, Volume 13
by Michele Christopher
Been awhile since we did one of these and frankly, we want to start doing more cars and music again. Seems we are seriously in need of a car writer, but things usually work out for FTTW so we know when we find the right one, we will find the right one.
But, since that really doesn't matter right now, let's get on to what we are doing for today's LNT. Back to the base shit, y'all.
What's playing now?
Yes, I know. Been awhile and some of you might not know how to play it. As I said. Been awhile. But, what you do is hit shuffle and hit play and tell us what is on. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes cool, and sometimes sad.
But, you never know till you hit it and go.
So let's start.
turtle thinks really hard about he was listening to last....
Hm..let's see. Couldn't sleep last night. Some aches and stress didn't do me too well. I lost my Internet connection around four in the morning. For some reason, my TV stopped on channel 25 and wouldn't go any higher. I'll bet I was listening to sleepy time music, so this should be easy. Crap. Guess not.
Atmosphere - Seven's Travels
Hm. Let me start out by saying I used to get a shitload of free shit in the mail. That is my god damn excuse for this one. Half of this shit, I have no idea who sent it to me and what the fuck it is so if it doesn't grab me on the first or second song, it is usually moved to the "Eh.." box of cd's. So there must have been something good about this album.
Actually, that's not true. It is really good. It took me a while to actually get past the first three songs. I mean it is a really cool cd. Yes, it is a rap album. Not quite sure why it is on Epitaph. Also not really sure who he is. I guess it is two guys from other bands doing this as a side project or something like that. You know rappers. They do that kind of stuff. The only thing about this album that makes me wonder about is that he sings about recovery and being sober on one song, then being fucked up on the next track, then goes back to the sober stance on the next.
Too bad I really like the ones where he is all fucked up more then the sober ones. I guess it just goes to show you the best things are always created when you are high as fuck. It's like this could be split into two different albums:
The songs I wrote after getting high
The songs I wrote when my AA sponsor was in the room with me.
Weirder things have happened.
Well, since that one was so short, Ill do a second one.
Go National - I'll Keep My Good Eye On You
See. That's how much I love you guys. I put my ass on the fire twice. Remember that when you are Christmas shopping this year.
Anyways, another good record from Kevin Seconds. I like it. Kinda poppy but oh well. Frankly, 7 Seconds does kinda suck now and this was a cool change up from that stuff. Plus his wife is the guitarist and she just looks so god damn happy when she is playing it is kinda hard not to like them. It's like she has an unopened bottle of Rooster sauce and is about to sit down to a giant steak or chicken meal!
Note to self. Next band...get a girl guitarist who is just happy for some unknown reason and just step back and let her go. And get her a bottle of Rooster sauce.
Plus, this album has "NYC" on it which was one of the last songs I played before leaving the West Coast and heading to New York.
So I kinda like it for the memories. Being alone across the country for a week...
God, that drive sucked....- T
Michele takes you to the movies:
This is something I wanted to explore in a post one day. Bad movies with good soundtracks. This would qualify as number one on the list. Holy hell did this movie suck. It sucked like a Sucky McSuckfest. Total suckage. Too bad, because I really dug the comics.
Yes, the peanuts are angry. But they are dancing, too. See how that works? Ok, let’s take that Rooster Sauce analogy to its ultimate limit (and probable demise) and use it to review the album.
1. "(Can't You) Trip Like I Do" - Filter & The Crystal Method
2. "Long Hard Road Out of Hell" - Marilyn Manson & Sneaker Pimps
3. "Satan" - Orbital & Kirk Hammet
4. "Kick The P.A." - Korn & The Dust Brothers
5. "Tiny Rubberband" - Butthole Surfers & Moby Rooster Sauce and tofu. See, tofu tastes like whatever you put on it, so you can’t go wrong with it. It doesn’t matter that Moby exists within this tune because it’s really all Butthole Surfers weirdness. Which is good. Like Rooster Sauce covered tofu.
6. "For Whom the Bell Tolls (The Irony of it All)" - Metallica & DJ Spooky – Rooster Sauce and plain oatmeal. Not even Rooster Sauce can hide the fact that plain oatmeal is boring as all fuck. Bland, tasteless, boring. Spooky’s presence does nothing to spice up the repetitive Metallica contribution to this tune.
7. "Torn Apart" - Stabbing Westward & Wink
8. "Skin Up Pin Up" - Mansun & 808 State
9. "One Man Army" - The Prodigy & Tom Morello
10. "Spawn" - Silverchair & Vitro
11. "T-4 Strain" - Henry Rollins & Goldie
12. "Familiar" - Incubus & DJ Greyboy
13. "No Remorse (I Wanna Die)" - Slayer & Atari Teenage Riot
14. "A Plane Scraped Its Belly On A Sooty Yellow Moon" - Soul Coughing & Roni Size
But skip the movie. - M
So that's what we got for this week. Like it or hate it, we had to do it. Now the big question.
What do you have on?