Do You Need Music On To Fuck?
That question is as much a rhetorical one as anything: one to ponder, but not really answer. Then again, one man’s Viagra is another man’s Barry White. Maybe it’s something in the rhythm of the song, or a lyric, but there are songs out there that just make me want to touch and be touched. I mean really, all mix tapes serve one of two purposes—the hook up or the break up. At least in my universe, that’s been the case. And, if I ever put “When the Levee Breaks” by Led Zeppelin on a mix for you, rest assured I want to see you naked.
So, in honor of Wednesday being the age-old hump day, I bring you my top five tunes to set the mood.
1. “Whisper”, Morphine. Ok, in all fairness, Morphine should not even be listened to before the sun goes down; daylight does not become them. However, Whisper has its own special seductiveness to it. Really. Just lean in close. You’ll hear what you want to hear.
2. “No Ordinary Love”, Sade. It’s long, and slinky, and slow. The way your fingers should be. A little soft rock, to be sure, but listen to this song just once and tell me you don’t want to find someone to slowly and gently devour you with a kiss.
3. “Teardrop”, Massive Attack. Particularly right after the Sade. Now you’re just making each other crazy.
4. “Supervixen”, Garbage. This is for the dominatrix in you. Bow down to me, indeed. There’s also a certain strip tease element to this track that is particularly attractive. Just go with it. Feathers optional.
5. “I Want You”, the Beatles. So heavy. And to the point. And at this point, if you’re not naked, there’s something wrong with you.
Go here for the tunes. Use them well.
Courtney is sending a Zeppelin mix tape to the editing staff first thing tomorrow morning